The privacy of our users and consumers is of the highest importance in helping ChurchMix, LLC, dba ChurchMix.com(“ChurchMix”) create long lasting relationships built on trust. It is our intent to provide the highest level of security and privacy possible to earn your confidence in every interaction with our company and to make your transactions effortless. We will never use your personal data in any way, except to insure your highest satisfaction as ChurchMix.com customer or user. We don't sell or rent your personal information to third parties for their marketing purposes without your explicit consent.
- This policy covers personal information that you provide to us, including the personal information we collect through the sites, services and software that we use to service you better.
- Your CHURCHMIX User Agreement spells out your relationship with CHURCHMIX, and the terms and conditions under which CHURCHMIX offers you access to our services.
- This policy does not apply to other companies' web sites or services that you may access outside of ChurchMix.com. The personal information collected or received by these other companies is subject to their unique privacy policies.
ChurchMix policies are intended to:
- Support government laws and regulations;
- Protect intellectual property rights;
- Provide equal opportunity to all users; and
- Provide an enjoyable and educational experience;
- You can browse the CHURCHMIX site without revealing any personal information. Once you give us your personal information, you are now known to us. By choosing to provide us with personal information, you consent to the transfer and storage of that information on our servers located in the United States or in other countries.
- Information covered in this policy consists of personally identifiable information collected or received about you through your interaction with CHURCHMIX, including:
- Registration-related information (such as name, home or work addresses, email addresses, telephone and fax numbers);
- Transaction related information (such as credit card or other preferred means of payment, billing or shipping information, or a history of products or services purchased through CHURCHMIX);
- Information about your visits to CHURCHMIX sites and pages, and your responses to advertisements or other services offered on CHURCHMIX sites and pages;
- Information about the searches you perform through CHURCHMIX and how you use the results of those searches;
- Information about CHURCHMIX offerings that you use, including how frequently you use them;
- Community discussions, email and correspondence mailed to us;
- Information about your CHURCHMIX preferences;
- Customer service information about you as a user (such as account history, complaints and interactions with CHURCHMIX support services, whether online or by phone);
- Other specific information related to your use of a particular offering;
- Other supplemental information from third parties including credit bureau information, as permitted by law, due to indebtedness to CHURCHMIX or if information you have provided cannot be verified; and
- CHURCHMIX may ask you to send us additional information, such as your driver license number, credit card statement, or a recent invoice or other information confirming your address, or we may ask additional questions online to help verify your information.
This policy includes certain technical and diagnostic information gathered or received about you and your computer system when you use CHURCHMIX services, including:
- Browser type (e.g., Netscape, AOL);
- Operating system type (e.g., Windows XP or Mac OS);
- CPU type (e.g. Pentium);
- Internet connection type (e.g., connection speed, broadband vs. narrowband);
- Internet protocol address;
- Geographic location information; and
- Computer malfunction or problem information
- The information you provide to CHURCHMIX may be supplemented with additional information, including publicly available information and information from other companies. For example, CHURCHMIX may use a screen name service, or other similar technologies, to authenticate you and enable you to take advantage of all our service offerings.
USES OF INFORMATION
Your personal information may be used to:
- Identify or address potential threats to your privacy, security and safety, or to the security of your computer;
- Operate and improve our overall service and enhance your online experience;
- Personalize the content and advertisements you receive;
- Fulfill your requests for products and services;
- Respond to your inquiries and communicate with you;
- Carry out research about your use of CHURCHMIX services; and
- Offer help on other products, programs, or services that may interest you.
- ChurchMix will not sell or rent your information (such as name, address, telephone number, user name and credit card information) to third parties without your explicit permission. We may share information in order to present joint offers with or via our business partners.
- With your consent, CHURCHMIX would also share your personal information with third parties to provide products and services you requested or for CHURCHMIX to render the service you have requested.
- CHURCHMIX will never read your private online communications when you use our integrated communications tools, except in the special circumstances described in this policy. Please note that CHURCHMIX cannot be responsible for information about yourself that you publicly disclose (for example, in blogs or online message boards).
- Personal information, including the contents of your private online communications, might be accessed and disclosed in response to a legal process (such as a court order, search warrant or subpoena); similarly this information might be used if CHURCHMIX believes that its web portal or services are being used in the commission of a crime or if we have a good faith belief that there is an emergency that poses a threat to the personal safety of you or another person, or when it is necessary to protect the rights or property of CHURCHMIX.
- CHURCHMIX may use agents and contractors in order to help operate our service; however, these agents or contractors are required to protect your information in a manner consistent with this policy. They are prohibited from using the information for any purpose other than to carry out the services for which they have been contracted.
- In the event of a change of ownership of CHURCHMIX due to merger,acquisition, or transfer to another company, your personal information may be transferred. If such a transfer would result in a material change in the use of your personal information, you will be notified regarding the choices you have to decline such a transfer.
You can also make choices about how your CHURCHMIX information may be used to provide marketing offers to you: It is up to you to decide to NOT receive marketing offers:
- By U.S. mail;
- By telephone;
- By email; and
- Through online pop-ups from CHURCHMIX.
- Your preferences do not apply to communications that are related to your membership, or the fulfillment of a specific transaction you have requested. Similarly, these preferences do not apply to information that you share that supports the basic functionality of the CHURCHMIX service (for example “user name.”)
- Since the choices you make in connection with CHURCHMIX may not take effect immediately, it is possible that you may receive a communication before the requested change has been processed
To help protect the personal information that you provide to CHURCHMIX, we use a range of overlapping safeguards. These are listed below.
- Technical controls that limit access to data without authorization from senior CHURCHMIX management;
- Administrative controls that provide checks & balances to assure that personal data cannot be misused;
- Physical controls such as restricted access;
- Encryption and authentication systems;
- Passwords, and an account security question to help verify your identity when making changes to your CHURCHMIX account information;
- Agreements with vendors and contractors that require them to protect the confidentiality, safety, and security of personal information;
CHURCHMIX collects your financial information to:
- Provide certain offerings that you request;
- Give you updated information when you use these features; and
- Similarly, if you use a secure payment service to facilitate transactions on third party sites, you provide CHURCHMIX with information including your name, credit card, billing address and shipping addresses.
- CHURCHMIX will not disclose financial information to third parties other than in the limited circumstances permitted or required by law.
- CHURCHMIX will disclose your financial information only on your request (for example, to facilitate a purchase on a third party web site).
- This policy does not apply to financial information that you provide to another company in connection with your use of their sites or offerings. For example, if you identify yourself to an advertiser on the CHURCHMIX site by placing an order or requesting information, that advertiser may be able to discern and record certain personal or financial information that you voluntarily or inadvertently give them.
- Only employees and vendors who need to know this information in order to provide you with requested products or services will be authorized access to your financial information.
COOKIES AND WEB BEACONS
- Operate and improve offerings;
- Authenticate your presence on the site;
- Remember your preferences and registration information;
- Enable a shopping cart;
- Present offerings;
- Help research and measure the effectiveness of offerings, advertisements, and communications;
- Customize the content and advertisements provided to you; and
- Help present, target, and measure the effectiveness of advertisements, using data gathered over time and across other networks by ad network providers to determine or predict the characteristics and preferences of the CHURCHMIX membership.
- CHURCHMIX may share certain information with ad network providers that is not personally identifiable (such as gender or geography) to help them deliver more relevant advertisements through their ad networks.
POLICY CHANGES & ADDITIONAL INFORMATION
- Minor changes or clarifications will be announced via the main traffic pages of the site;
- Substantial changes will be called to your attention with 30 days' advance notice through emails or online pop-ups; and
- By signing on to your account regularly you will automatically receive these notices and other important announcements.
- As a California company, ChurchMix.com is subject to the extra protection of California privacy law. California residents may obtain specific disclosures about a business's privacy practices if it shares information with other companies for direct marketing purposes. To make a request to CHURCHMIX under California’s privacy law, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.