Help is on the way
We have developed ChurchMix to be as easy to use as possible. If you find yourself stuck, perhaps your questions can be answered here in our Frequently Asked Questions.
Frequently Asked Questions
- 1. How do I create an account?
- Visit the “sign up” page. Once you have completed the form and submit it, an email will be sent to the email account that you have registered with. Your account becomes “active” when you click on the link in the email and it takes you back to the ChurchMix site.
- 2. What are the different account levels?
The account levels are as follows:
Account Administrator: The highest level of access on any account. The Account Administrator has access to all the account preferences and settings, including credit card and billing history.
Group Leader: Allows account administrators to delegate some authority to other members of their account including “Pushing” site training content to members, and inviting other people on the audio team to ChurchMix. The Group Leader has limited access to information and controls related to the other members of the same group.
Member: An account member with no authority over any other account members. This is the default level for all users created by the Account Administrator.
- 3. How do I add a member from my church to my account?
- If you are the account administrator or group leader go to your church tab and use the ADD TEAM MEMBER button. They will be alerted by way of email how to log on to activate their account.
- 4. How do I add or change my profile picture?
- Go to your profile page and click the word “edit” on your old photo, or click on the blank photo box. You will be asked to locate a file, (picture) from your computer. Once you have located a picture, click on it and you will then be prompted to upload it to your profile page.
- 5. How do I add a friend?
- Visit the members profile tab (you can find them using the search box) and click the “Add as a friend” link in the right hand column. All members of your church are friends automatically.
- 6. How do I contact people from other churches?
- Click on their photo, which will take you to their profile page or you can search for them using the ChurchMix Search box. You can send a message or post a comment to their profile.
- 7. What if the video does not play on my computer?
- Make sure the flash player on your computer has the latest available update. If you do not have a flash player, go to http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer and download a free Adobe flash player, or download the most current version.
- 8. Can I pause the video, ask a question and continue the video?
- Yes. While you are viewing the video, you simply pause the video, and click the orange “Ask Us” button. Then type your question in, and start the video from where you paused it. You will be notified by email when your questions has been answered.
- 9. Will I be able to ask for recommendations on equipment for my church sound system?
- Yes. Although this site is dedicated to the craft of mixing, our experts have a vast knowledge of today’s audio equipment and we are happy to answer any questions you may have.
- 10. How do I sign up for email updates?
- You will automatically receive emails when information gets updated on the site. If you choose not to receive emails regarding posted questions, you can go to your “PREFS” tab and disable this feature.
- 11. What does “push content” mean?
- “Push content” is a way for the account administrator or group leader to send videos, news articles, QuickTips, and Q&A to individual members, or all member of their church team.
- 12. As a group leader, how do I “push” content to other members of my church?
- Look for the “push” icon on items that can be “pushed” (Q&A, Video, News, etc). Then select the members of your account to receive the “push” and click the submit button.
- 13. How do I ask the expert a question?
- You can click on the Q&A tab, and ask a question from the bottom of the Q&A page by clicking on the orange “Ask Us” button. You can also ask questions during the viewing of any video.
- 14. How long will it take to get an answer to my question?
- Normally your question will be answered within 48 hours or sooner.
- 15. I clicked on a question in the Q&A. How do I get back to the main question page?
- Click on the Q&A tab. It will get you back to the main Q&A page.
- 16. What does “reply” and “redirect” mean in the “Ask Us” section of the Q&A?
- When you “reply” to a question, you are simply adding a comment to the thread you are viewing. This is not a question to the experts, and will only post as a comment. You will see it post to the Q&A thread right away.
When you “redirect” to a question, you are asking the experts an additional question that will be answered by an expert and will post to the site after it has been answered.
- 17. How do I find out when my questions get answered?
- You will receive an email from ChurchMix telling you that you have an answer to your question.
- 18. Can anyone comment on a question, or is it just the experts?
- Anyone can comment. Please keep in mind that only the answers and comments from the ChurchMix experts are qualified as “expert advise”. Any comments or suggestions from other members are to be used or followed at your own risk.
- 19. I don’t run sound at my church, but would like to learn. Can I sign up as an individual, or do I have to sign up with a church?
- Yes, Anyone can sign up under an individual account. It is not necessary to sign up with a church.
- 20. I know nothing about church audio mixing, but would like to learn. Is ChurchMix right for me?
- Yes. We start from the very basic information in a language that you should be able to understand. In other words, you will be able to get technical information in an easy to learn format.
Don't see your question in this list? Click here for more help.